Monday, November 17, 2008

Week Review (11/10-11/16)

Week was good. Best thing to talk about this week was my ride on Sunday to my friend Melanie's house.

Melanie lives about 10.92 miles from my house and I figured instead of having a bazillion cars at her house for moving purposes, all she really needed was arm muscle (plus, where to park all those cars in DT St. Pete where there are alleys and such?). So I work up - started my ride at 11am and got to her house by noon. It was a nice brisk ride and no honking horns or rude people whatsoever.

That ride made me realize that I can, in fact, ride pretty much anywhere and everywhere if I just take the time out for it. That's the catch - you have to prep for rides, bring a change of clothes, etc. And depending on what you're doing, it's not a bad thing, but if you were going to the symphony - for example, you might want to rent a car...but yea, it's doable. Totally.

Didn't ride in this morning as I have a headache and was pretty worn out from the ride yesterday, but this week's commute schedule is Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (possibly Wednesday too - we'll see if I'm up for it). I brought clothes changes today so that I could if need be on Wednesday even . So yea, looking forward to it.
And next weekend. We'll be in Tallahassee with my good friend Brendan and we plan on doing a nice ride through my mom's neighborhood and possibly all the way up into Georgia if we can. Awesome.

The new derailer for the Miyata is on it's way. I cannot wait to get that bike up and running and ready for commuting!

No comments: