Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day Two of the BooBoo

I called off of work yesterday. I really didn't want to use any PTO time, but my arm was killing me and I could hardly move my neck over to the left (where most of the fall was). Work is being totally cool and understanding.
Took a shit load of painkillers and slept most of the day.
Dimitrios took care of my wounds/dressings yesterday. I can do most all of them on my own, except for the elbow one. When he took that one off, it was stuck a little bit to the gauze...the slight pain from that along with painkillers and everything else made me wretch...so that was fun. I hate puking.
I hate just laying around and doing nothing...but at the same time, the little things I tried to do ended up wearing me out and hurting me so I guess it's just better to lay still.
I really need to do my quiz and my discussion stuff for class, and the teacher has left it open for me to do, but I seriously was just so tired yesterday and the day before I couldn't focus.
I'm at work now...going to try to work for the whole day...my arm just started throbbing pretty badly . And my whole torso aches. They weren't kidding when they said that I was going to be sore afterward. Guess I didn't notice it yesterday cause I was laying around. Now, I'm having to hold myself up at my desk and that alone is painful.
And be careful that my elbow doesn't hit my desk. yea..annoying/not fun.
If you're wondering where the pain is - think of where you hit your funny bone. That's where it split open and needed stitches...so yea...OW! doesn't even cut it.
I still can't believe it's still oozing after all this. I was hoping it would stop soon.
Dimitrios has been amazing. He's done all the little chores I asked him to (litter box, launder (to get the blood out of our clothes), dinner, dressing/wound care, holding my hand at night when we're sleeping (can't spoon as I can't lay on my side), he's been a real good sport about all this.
I go and see my regular doctor tomorrow so she can take a look at the stitch area and determine when they need to be removed or what have you. I also plan on asking her when I can get back on the bike. I miss it already. Cancelled my dance lesson for this week -- hopefully can start back next week on that.
I'll update tomorrow after the doc visit.

Oya, and we didn't get any photos of the carnage. LOL. We kind of wanted to, but there really wasn't a place or time for me to show and photo. D did get a photo of me walking out of the clinic all bandaged up, but I just look like a soceer player with knee stuff. HAHA.

No comments: