Wednesday, May 27, 2009

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY....

The Rain has kept the riding down a bit this past week/weekend, it seems to be leveling out, but it's now doing it's 'afternoon thunderstorms' ordeal (what it usually does in Florida this time of year). Which is ruining the riding chances 'The Skirts' are having on Tuesday evenings.
We tried to ride last night, and ended up just getting rained out/on.
It was still nice to see the ladies I ride with (hadn't seen them the week before due to schoolwork and selling the Honda), and I 'engaged'/committed myself to some 'Skirts' events that are coming up so I'm pretty excited about that.
They're also going to start doing training rides on Sunday afternoons @ 5pm. I'm going to try my best to go/attend as many of those as I can. Starting with this Sunday. It will be a 'drop' ride (meaning if I don't keep up, I off the group ride), but that's good too as I need to learn how to properly ride with a group that does that. And get my bearings when I do get lost/learn my way back to..my house or where-ever.


Rode the Miyata into work today. It's the first day I woke up and it wasn't raining in over a week. Forgot how heavy that bike is after riding the Trek during all the non-rain days. Will probably get rained on today on the way home, but that's ok. That's what the rain gear I got is for.

No comments: