Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A new perspective

In searching for a new job - I have concluded that there are none (sadly) within the 5 miles radius from my house that I wanted and hoped to get (where I could ride to work) and b) I need to re-vamp my biking schedule.

Starting tomorrow - I am going to be leaving my car at work - riding home in the afternoons and then riding into work in the mornings, so I may drive home Thursday. 
This will give me a garantee'd 26 miles a day on the days that I decide to do this (4 days out of the week is the goal) and then my weekends won't be such a struggle to make up the extra miles (goal is 150 miles a week - to slowly increase each month by 50 miles give or take).

This will also enable me to - should I pursue a job with another company in the same area be able to store my bike (regardless of if they have a place in the building) on the days I ride in that I know the bike will be safe regardless.
So - goals are updated and changed.  Here's hoping




No comments: