Thursday, June 24, 2010

'I guess you have a death wish or something'

Why do I hear this statement 75% of the time that I tell people I ride my bike around here?
Do you want my personal opinion of your snide comment after you get done stating this?
I don't think you do...
Do you want me to rail off stats that show that it's safer to be on a bicycle than it is in a car?
Or that I'm the same amount of safe as you getting into your car and joining the lemmings on the road with other 2-3 ton metal vehicles? In case you hadn't noticed, there are safety precautions to a car in order to protect you - A SEATBELT for example....
Shall I point out the crap that you do that would seem you have more of a death wish than I do? Such as SMOKING, or drinking enough soda and junk food while sitting at your desk your diabetic coma is just bound to sneak up on you as you age?
Maybe I'll just point out the fact that you go out in the sun and increase your chances of skin cancer daily here in our lovely sunny state of Florida.

Would you like that? To be critiqued over your decisions in life?
I don't think so. So don't critique or judge mine please. If you have a comment to say about my biking that you think is in any way, shape or form NEGATIVE.
SHUT YOUR PIE-HOLE, GET YOUR COFFEE AND DON'T TALK TO ME NEGATIVELY ABOUT SOMETHING I OBVIOUSLY ENJOY.

Thank you

No comments: