Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Merry Christmas To all and to me = BIKE SCHWAG!

Christmas was outstanding for me. I really do have the best boyfriend ever.
Bike Schwag for the holidays (from him) include the following:

- Clipless Pedals and Shoes for the Trek (score! as I've been wanting to remove the BMX pedals from that bike. That bike is my exercise/training bike and having those on with the mountain bike shoes just made the bike SO heavy).
- Biking Windbreaker Jacket - something I desperately needed. I have WARM gear, but WARM gear doesn't protect you from the wind going through your clothes. I can't wait for the 'Florida Winters' to get here so I can try/wear that puppy and try it out!
- Fenders for the commuter bike (so I no longer will have a dirt line up my back when/if I get caught in the rain...AWESOME).
- Biking Shorts (bought by his mom)
- U-Lock for the commuter. This will come in lots of handy. :-)

We rode at Ft. DeSoto on Christmas Day...after fanangaling the bike (Trek) around, I believe we FINALLY got both the seat and the handlebars in a acceptable position that's comfy for me to ride. Rode it again on Saturday to a friend's house and back and damn, it was comfy and no fatigue at all, except for the neck and shoulder muscles, but that's my bad for crunching up when I ride.

The riding has gone well. I didn't ride into work this week, but plan on beefing up the mileage on my days off to make up for it. I am quite excited to use all my gear as well.

No comments: