Friday, December 5, 2008

Weekend of Blah..

Thanksgiving Weekend ended up not being to great. We were rained out 3 out of the four days, and were only able to ride about 20 miles. Dimitrios got a flat tire, and the replacement tube was the tube from hell and had two freaking holes in it. Needless to say, we were both pretty on edge this weekend as the plan to ride 80% of the time we were up in Tally, was ruined. Had I known it was going to be like 110% chance of rain EVERYDAY except for Thanksgiving, I would have just suggested that we ride to my grandparents and back...that would have gotten our ride in and been awesome.

HUMPH.
Anyways...
Have rode in 3 out of the five days this week. Thought a doctor's appointment was one day, which it was not. Actually it was the next day. But I did ride to the grocery store and back with Dimitrios on Monday to make up for the missed day.
The '<10>

I have also decided that I have to ride AT LEAST 10 miles a day every day (with the exception of two days a week, not consectutively). Since I cancelled my gym membership, this will help make up for the non-exercise, me thinks and I will also start the hundredpushups challenge this weekend for upper arm strenth (and also do crunches while doing that). Doing all the milage I have done these past two months has been great. It put me back at my weight that I was at when Dimitrios and I started dating (I had gained some weight due to trauma from my two surgeries this year. Not a lot, but enough that I noticed it and it did not make me happy (about 10lbs). If I keep this up, I'll be doing stamina and training rides in no time.

Next week - I won't be riding on Monday, Wednesday (possibly because of the rain chance) ...those will be my off days for the week. If I ride on Wednesday due to no rain chance, then I can take Saturday off if I like. We shall see.

HURRAY for Cycling!

No comments: