Monday, January 5, 2009

20 miles = Beach Ride on Sunday

As I didn't ride on Saturday, I made up my 10 miles that day by going to the beach with Dimitrios and his friends from Portland. 10 miles each way = make up for Saturday and my 10 miles for Sunday achieved.

It was a 'commute' ride so I rode the Miyata. She looks quite sassy with her Christmas Gear on her might I add (rack, fenders, etc). I shall put a photo up soon enough.

The day was nice on Madiera Beach and we enjoyed throwing the football around and getting a little sun. Only down fall for the day was that we left a little later than we expected to and had no headlights, so half of our ride home we did on sidewalks so as not to inhibit drivers since they wouldn't be able to see us.

Total mileage = 20 miles.
Fatigue Ration = Not that bad. Me and the Wind are still enemies (it makes me fall behind a bit more at this point), but that will dissapate the more I ride in it and get acclamated to it. Keeping hydrated on the ride there was no problem and eating a sub when we got there helped with the hunger.

No comments: