Monday, January 26, 2009

Last Week = FREEZING (aka obstacle)

So last week.
Monday I rode in, no big deal.
Tuesday is the usual drive to work since I have a dance lesson on my lunch.
Wednesday, was COLD.
Temperature dropped here in the Tampa, Florida area to around 20 degrees at night...37 by the time I woke up to get ready for work.
It stayed that way for each day afterward.
Thursday morning, there was even FROST on my windshield I had to scrape off with my work security badge!!
So yes, I drove..everyday except one.

High 40's and 50's...I can do no problem. But when it gets past 45 degrees outside. OUCH!
Plus all the bundling up I have to do just to get to work and unbundle and then rebundle in warm work clothes.
The Hibernation Factor also kicks in as well for this. I would much rather stay in my WARM bed, than get up early, get ready etc.
So - off the wagon for a week. No biggie.
Started back yesterday and will be riding for the rest of the week except Tuesday (as usual).
I will admit though, I need to get over this 'too cold' stuff. Especially if I plan on moving to Portland. Get this, it was WARMER IN PORTLAND LAST WEEK THAN IT WAS HERE IN FLORIDA!!
I'm not sure if we'll have another cold freeze like that again (we usually get one in January/Feb and then we slowly warm up after that for the year), but if we do, I need to try and figure out how to get the WILLPOWER to make myself get up and ride and get used to it. I need the exercise AND need to build up the immunity to it.
This week, starting Wednesday afternoon, I will be cat-sitting for a friend who lives near my work. Gotta check out the maps to figure out a 'safe' way to ride to her house after work so that I can incorporate the ride and get more more miles in as well.

No comments: