Sunday, August 29, 2010

Morning Catch Up

Instead of biking this morning - I have decided to drink some coffee, catch up on my internets/posts and milage updates then do my hair, finish laundry and have a wonderful Sunday afternoon.

Team Skinny has been slacking :(.  I didn't mean for it to happen, but the weather has been nothing but rainy the past week - both morning and afternoon and I dislike doing the trainer..so - the dislike took over the 'need' to do it....there it is.
We're considering the summer months our 'off season' anyways (per The Greek) since most of the time it's just too hot and too unbearable...
However, I have been riding most of the time, both days on the weekends..and taking some pretty neat photos while on my journeys...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Taking photos while on my rides really makes me apprciate the bike riding even more...and gives me a small mini break to nom and drink water moreso than I do while riding.

I think I'll be ready for Six Gap in 30 days..ACK!  Training and better eating habits start this week.  No more eating out constantly.  We're going to dinner tonight with a group of friends, but that is mainly for a person's bday and I'm going to attempt to just order something small.  

In other news - I <3 my new bike!  It's so light and fluffy ;)..ok it's not fluffy - but you can see it in most of the photos posted above.  It's comfy - I'm really really happy with it.  Best decision I ever made was to go Carbon :)

Conclusion of miles rode will be in the next post.

D had knee surgery a week and four days ago ..he's actually feeling a lot better and is actually looking forward to doing Six Gap as well.  he's been slowly getting on the bike and riding slow when he can to get  his knee in shape/physical therapy and  him and I have also started doing upper body working out.
I've learned what moleskin in for blisters and areas that rub your feet.  Why did I not hear of this stuff before??  Holy crap it is a godsend, especially with my freak feet.  The big toe constantly rubs the sides of my shoes which hurts like ungodly hell.  I thought that seamless socks would be the answer, but then realized it's also my cycle shoes and the stitching on them from the velcro.  Double wrapped the big toe in moleskin yesterday on my ride..and BAM no pain.  Amazing stuff.  And no, it's not REAL moleskin..maybe it was back in the day, but now it's just a tightly woven cotton fabric with padding. 
I think for the most part, I am ready for Six Gap ....I think.
Fingers crossed.

No comments: