Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fall go BOOM! Loose a light too (*Frown*)

Did the usual weekend ride to Lenny's. All was said and fine. Until we got on the trail we came across (the trail runs parallel to US HWY 19 so it's a lot nicer to take that than getting killed on 19.).
Got to a stop sign. I didn't clip out fast enough. Down I went.
Again, I think my ego was bruised more than anything.
I can't seem to get this clip situation resolved/figured out. I do so well...but I've had this clips since what...May? And still, I fall. Is this normal? Shouldn't I have figured this stuff out by now.

Anyways, get up, brush myself off. The rest of the ride is fine. However, my handlebars are now eff'd (well the tape is anyways). Finally broke it. Nothing electrical tape won't fix.
We get to a main intersection and I get ready to turn on my back light that's usually attached to my saddle bag.
Except it's not there.
Which sucks.
We keep going to Lenny's. Ride back. Can you believe in an hour's time, somebody had already found the light and taken it home with them (bastards). Sucky.
Those lights aren't cheap (LED awesome). And I got mine as a set for a really good deal via amazon.com. Now I'm going to have to go and buy one seperately, which means that one will probably cost the same amount as the two. Poop.

No comments: