Thursday, September 25, 2008

Gear Upgrades

Got a new blinky back light for the bike. Dimitrios was awesome and attached it to my frame on the right lower side. Makes it more visible to traffic on the road for me. That works out just fine.
Got a new seat. It's Dimitrios's old seat, but it works a lot better than the factory seat that came with the bike.
Also, got a new stem. This made the top tube, drop area (if I'm saying this correctly. I learned this lingo from this website: http://www.vimeo.com/848558
a bit longer for me. Which is good. My bike is a 47cm, but it actually would be more comfortable for me to be on a 49 or 50...so we just added the inches with a stem. It's helping. When I go into the drops, I don't feel as scrunched up on my legs and when I go to push with my legs, I actually have some leverage now to go faster. The stretch is making me work some muscles I didn't work before, but that's ok. Probably the ones I should have been working all along.

On the ride this morning, it felt good.
Man, I <3>

No comments: