Friday, July 2, 2010

Orange park for the weekend..biking for a day?

This fourth of July weekend I'll be visiting my aunt in Orange Park. The original plan was for us to visit both her and some friends of our's in Jacksonville - however, they are out of town and thus, it's just going to be me hanging with her from Saturday-Monday.

I am excited for this trip as I love hanging out with my aunt.
BUT - I did determine that this week would be the week to start biking (as fitting in with The Tour De France)...
So I created a route to go to from my aunt's house...it's nothing fancy - and it's only about 11 miles..I'm concluding that if I see something while on the ride that peaks my interest, I'll veer in that direction and see where it takes me. So a simple 11 mile ride could potentially turn into a 21-30 mile ride as well.
I'm pretty excited as this is one of the few rides where I have just hopped on the bike to ride, and not 100% know where the adventure will take me. Usually I feel more..accomplished if I have an endgoal..but all I have with this ride is the determination to wake up about 7am and be on the bike and back at her house no later than 10-11am to enjoy the pool for the rest of the day
.

No comments: