Sunday, July 11, 2010

Week 2 - Team Skinny is still on board


Photobucket



This is seriously the first time I have ever been this motivated to do this in the two and a half years I have been riding. I don't know what has gotten into me, but I hope I can keep the momemtum up.
The past week I have ridden over 50 miles...rode 5 days out of the week and one day for two hours.

This week is already starting off great - as I 'graduated' in the cycling passion.
How you ask?!
For the first time ever, I woke up this morning, got on the bike and had ...NO IDEA of where I was really going (with the exception of having to stop by a friend's house between 8:30am-9am to pick up something).
I just got on the bike and rode ...which ended me up at Coffee Pot Park, and I found other little trails through St. Pete, which I thought was pretty freaking cool.
I met up with other cyclists while on my ride. It felt nice - everyone smiled and waved as I rode past and said 'Morning!" :) Very Good Morning it was indeed.

This week looks like I will be riding to work on Wed/Thurs due to weather.
And me incorporating Yoga into the Team Skinny Goals.
Thanks to two totally awesome ladies who let me borrow a beginner Yoga DVD for a bit, I am getting a great start today with this goal as well.
I only did 10 minutes, but holy crap did I learn a lot in 10 minutes. Such as
I AM NOT FLEXIBLE AT ALL...
But the Yoga will def work that and I'm looking forward to it.
I shall be doing this on my 'off days' from the bike on the weeks and also one extra 'freebie' day when I feel like I could use a good stretch and centering.

If I keep this up - I might actually end up going to Six Gap this year with Brendan and Dimitros..AND participating.

No comments: