Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday: Different Ride, Different Time

So, I paid off the car on Friday. What a feeling of relief that is. Hello Rags to Riches... (ok well not really..but it is nice to have that off my plate, after five years).
The weather has been ....evil lately. I've been wanting to ride, but while Fay is still around (tropical storm JOKE, if you ask me), the rain, not raining has been a bugger. And I desperately need to get a commuter bike. That will be a definite search after the Portland trip.
So the only riding I have done (no thanks weather) was today. Woke up early and did our usual commute to Lenny's in Clearwater. I decided to try something different: Ride Casual. Meaning, casual clothes (But with biking shorts underneath), and NO CLIPLESS SHOES. I just rode with my polka dot slip on Keds.
Oh, what a pain in the ass that was. The streets were wet..and with no rack on the back of my bike, the water just went all up my butt/back area. Then because everything was wet, my shoes kept slipping off the pedals. So that is something I definitely won't go without ever again. They make the biking shoes for a reason, so I learned today.
But we rode there and back, getting a little wet both ways. It wasn't too bad.
I do plan on riding everyday this week to work except Wednesday when I see the personal trainer at the gym.

No comments: