Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesdays Biking Lesson: Sunglasses

Five years ago, my best friend Brendan, bought me these sunglasses.

They are the most expensive pair of sunglasses that I have ever owned or have. Because of this, I hardly ever would wear them for fear of them breaking, getting lost or someone just getting eff'd up.

The cool thing about these glasses, is that they come with interchangeable lenses. And it came with two other sets (one set being yellow, the other being orange). I had no idea what each of the colors did, so I never really did anything with them and always have just worn the DARK glasses.

I needed eye protection while riding, so just out of curiousity today, I took the Dark lenses out and put the yellow lenses in.
WOW! Does it brighten morning up!! I had no problems seeing things while riding before the sun came up! It was awesome. so I look up what the color lenses do on the web-site:
"Vibrant lens that increases visual acuity in low light or flat conditions."
It was awesome. I might start even wearing them when I drive at night. LOL.

So I see that Brendan bought me these glasses (from his bike shop) for a purpose I guess.
Now I'm just going to be more paranoid about loosing them because the power of 'awesomeness' they hold. :)

No comments: