Wednesday, April 1, 2009

St. Pete Skirts - An Awesome Tuesday night experience!

Last night, I went on a ride with the St. Pete Skirts ladies. Dimitrios's riding buddies girlfriend, Cathryn had suggested I come out and ride with them, and while she wasn't there for this ride, she said she usually is every week.

I was kind of torn between which bike to ride. I love love love my Trek, but the riding I've been doing lately (mostly commuting) hasn't really given me the opportunity to ride with her and race it up/train ride lately. Dimitrios told me that the ladies' ride didn't really seem that much like a training ride, but more like a casual/fun ride. So the Miyata was taken on this excursion.

I still wore my helmet. The other ladies didn't wear one. Probably because it wasn't like we were going at RAMMING speeds or anything like that, but now that I have fallen and didn't hit my head (just everything else). My theory is that if I don't have the helmet on, I am probably going to fall and hit nothing BUT my head since I didn't have the helmet on. So yea...helmet stays on. :-).

The ride we went on started at the 66fixed store and kept going through Snell Isle and DT St. Pete which I had never been to (the Island, not DT St. Pete). It was a really nice ride :). And the ladies were totally nice and welcoming. I'll admit I'm a little shy at first and terrified that I would speak and say something ...stupid but they didn't treat me like a retard so I must have done ok. *wink*.

We ended at a really nice barista that had THE BEST milkshake I have ever tasted (and Dimitrios..he came and checked on me after the ride to make sure I had made it ok and was having a good time).
I got up a good sweat, made some new acquaintances/friends and enjoyed myself throughly. All in all, I can safely say I think I'll be trying to come to this ride every Tuesday afternoon as it was a lot of fun and definitely something to change around the monotony of the work week.

No comments: